What is the Inconel 625 material?
This week,I received an inquiry from an old customer in India,who needs steel pipes, fittings and flanges made of inconel 625.Today let’s learn what is Inconel 625 material.
Inconel 625 is a kind of alloy with a density of 8.4g /cm3 and a melting point of 1290-1350℃. It has excellent corrosion resistance to inorganic acids and various corrosive media in oxidation and reduction environments.
625 alloy shows excellent corrosion resistance in many media. It has excellent resistance to pitting corrosion,crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion and erosion in chloride medium.
This alloy has the following characteristics:
- It has excellent corrosion resistance to various corrosive media in oxidation and reduction environment
- Excellent resistance to spot corrosion and crevice corrosion, and no stress corrosion cracking caused by chloride
- Excellent corrosion resistance of inorganic acid, such as nitric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and the mixture of sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid, etc
- Excellent corrosion resistance of various inorganic acid mixed solution
- When the temperature reaches 40℃, it can show good corrosion resistance in various concentrations of hydrochloric acid solution
- Good machinability and weldability, no cracking sensitivity after welding
- Manufacturing certification of pressure vessels with wall temperature between -196 ℃ and 450℃
- Certified by the American Society of Corrosion Engineers NACE Standard (MR-01-75) to the highest standard grade VII for use in acidic gas environments
Inconel 625 Application areas include:
The low carbon alloy 625 after softened and annealed is widely used in chemical process industry. Its good corrosion resistance and high strength make it a thinner structural component. 625 alloy can be used in contact with seawater and withstand high mechanical stress. Typical application areas:
- Components of chloride-containing organic chemical processes, especially where acid chloride catalysts are used
- Digesters and bleaching ponds for the manufacture of pulp and paper industry
- Absorber, reheater, flue gas inlet baffle, fan (wet), stirrer, diversion plate and flue gas flue gas desulfurization system
- Equipment and components for manufacturing applications in acidic gas environments
- Acetic acid and acetic anhydride reaction generator
- Sulfuric acid condenser
If you also need Inconel 625 fittings, flanges and pipes, please contact our company.Email:email@example.com